VBM Domobar Super HX Manual
Call Us for Expert Advice! 800-709-8210
With its E-61 pedigree, 50 years in the making, the VBM Domobar Super HX Manual features a stainless steel exterior, framework, and drip tray, a 1.8 liter copper boiler, and an unsurpassed E-61 group. Whether its a cappuccino in the morning, or entertaining a group, the VBM Domobar Super is one of the finest home machines available.
Features of the VBM Domobar Super Espresso Machine
- The heat exchanger, large boiler, and massive, true Faema E-61 group combine to give excellent temperature stability for espresso consistency. VBM was founded by the original inventors of the E-61!
- Stainless steel is featured throughout including the exterior panels, drip tray, cup warmer and the entire framework.
- The lever on the side of the E-61 grouphead controls all brewing functions. Lifting it opens the brewing water path and engages the pump. This simple system is dependable and easy to maintain compared to many other brewing systems.
- The 3-way valve is incorporated into the group and at the end of the extraction it is opened by the lowering of the lever. No solenoids to worry about and no coffee explosions when removing the portafilter.
- The heat exchanger continuously circulates water through the group to keep it up to temperature when the machine is on. It works through convection so the pump does not have to run to keep the group hot and ready for use.
- You can steam milk and brew espresso at the same time. The large boiler has the potential to keep up with the demands of virtually any household. Just keep the reservoir filled and keep making beverages!
- To keep you informed, the VBM Domobar Super has three indicator lamps:
- Power indicator light on right side indicates when the VBM Domobar Super HX Manual is powered on.
- Heating light on left side, when on, indicates that power is being sent to the boiler's heating element.
- Low water level light in middle indicates when water level in the internal reservoir is low
- Two gauges, mounted on the easily-viewed panel on the front of the VBM Domobar Super HX Manual keep you informed:
- The boiler pressure gauge is an indirect reading of the temperature of the water in the boiler. The full size Parker pressurestat can be easily adjusted through an opening under the cup warming tray making it easy to adjust the brewing temperature to match your tastes. Normal range varies between .9 and 1.2 BAR.
- The Brew pressure gauge indicates the water pressure the pump is delivering to the coffee while you are extracting espresso during the brew cycle.
- A stainless steel divider panel inside the machine separates the reservoir from the area containing the boiler. This panel is covered with an insulating material to keep the water in the reservoir from being heated.
- Professional grade 58mm brass portafilters. Two are included: one with a single spout and single filter basket and one with a dual spout and double filter basket. Also included is a blind filter basket for backflushing.
- The 2.1 liter pour-over water reservoir can be filled in place yet is easily removed for occasional washing.
- Both the stainless steel steam wand on left side as well as the stainless steel hot water tap are mounted in ball swivel joints and each can be easily moved to best suit your needs.
- Turning the power switch to the first position (“PI”) of the three-stage switch insures that the boiler has been filled (the pump will stop). Switching to the last position (“PII”) then energizes the heating element which prevents damaging to the element in the event of a low water level in the boiler. This is particularly important upon initial start up.
- The large handle on the high-capacity stainless steel drip tray makes it easy to remove for cleaning. The grate stays on machine when pulling out drip tray. The grate lifts off easily for cleaning.
- GICAR branded electronic water level control for internal boiler is located in lower right rear corner of machine where there is the least build-up of heat.
- 41 watt vibratory pump ("vibe" pump) is rated at up to 15 bar with air bypass valve.
- The commercial-sized over pressure valve (“OPV”) opens when too much pump pressure exists. This is located in rear of machine and can be easily accessed. Just remove the six body panel screws and lift off the body panel. The brew pressure gauge makes adjusting the OPV easy, although that is seldom necessary.
- Accessories: Single spout portafilter, single dose filter basket, double spout portafilter, double dose filter basket, blind filter basket for backflushing, plastic coffee scoop and plastic tamper
- The VBM Domobar Super HX Manual has a 1 year warranty
- Dimensions: 10.6" W x 21.0" D x 16.5" H.
- Product Safety Listing: UL Commercial for home and office use
- Electrical: 110 volts only, 1600 watts, 15 amp.
- Net weight: 70 pounds.