Virtually all shopping websites gather information about their customers and their activity on their websites. A simple example are shopping carts. Information we save can be used to fill in your address, name, and other preferences automatically when you sign in. This saves you time and helps ensure accuracy. Here at 1st in Coffee we want you to now just what information we gather and how we use it.
Most importantly, 1st in Coffee is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and want to ensure you that the information that you give 1st in Coffee when you use this website is used responsibly by us. In regards to your visiting this website, the information by which you can be identified will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
1st in Coffee may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. In any case, If you have any questions or concerns about the information we gather, please contact us for further clarification.
Information We collect
We may collect the following information from you:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What We Do With Gathered Information
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping. Think of this as a digital bookkeeper.
- By keeping track of sales and visits to our website we may be able to use the information to improve our product offerings and the shopping services we provide.
- By using your provided email address we may occasionally send you information about special promotions, new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- Other ways we may use the information may include contacting you for market research purposes, possibly by email, phone, fax or mail. We might even choose to customize portions of the 1st in Coffee website according to your interests.
Secure personal information is important to all of us! 1st in Coffee is committed keeping the information we gather and store about you secure. In order to prevent your information from getting into the wrong hands we make use of suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to secure and safeguard the information we collect.
What is a “cookie?” A cookie is a small digital file generated from our website which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. This might be a specific request while visiting a website or it might be a universal permission you have granted through your browser or firewall. Once a cookie is in place it assists us in analyzing web traffic or might remind you when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, such as a mess at the top of a page that says, “Welcome back, John.” The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We also use traffic-log cookies to keep track of what pages are opened by visitors to our website. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for internal analysis and then the data is deleted from our system. We do that in order to tailor our website to better serve your needs.
Cookies are a one-way activity. They do not ever give us the ability to access your computer. Cookies do not give us access to any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. While most browsers are set to accept cookies by default, you have the choice to set browser preferences on your computer to prevent this from happening. Be aware that if you do choose to not accept cookies (from us or from any other website), it may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest such as manufacturers' websites. Be aware that once you have used these links to leave our site we have no control over that other website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. Please exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to Control Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Many websites give you the option when you fill in a form (such as when ordering and you are asked for your phone number, mailing address, etc.), there will be an option box allowing you to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for any purpose other than ordering on that website.
- If you once ordered from us and allowed the use of that information for direct marketing purposes, but have now changed your mind, write or email us at [email protected] and let us know. We respect your privacy.
- We will never sell, distribute, lease, or lend your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or are required to do so by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- If you would like the details of what personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may get a copy of that information. A small fee will be payable. To do so, please write to P.O. Box 476 Marlboro, NJ 07746 with your request,mentioning this website.
- If somehow we received incorrect or incomplete information about you, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
- COOKIE name
- COOKIE Description
- CART - The association with your shopping cart.
- CATEGORY_INFO - Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
- COMPARE - The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
- CURRENCY - Your preferred currency
- CUSTOMER - An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
- CUSTOMER_AUTH - An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
- CUSTOMER_INFO - An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
- CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS - Stores the Customer Segment ID
- EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE - A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
- FRONTEND - You session ID on the server.
- GUEST-VIEW - Allows guests to edit their orders.
- LAST_CATEGORY - The last category you visited.
- LAST_PRODUCT - The most recent product you have viewed.
- NEWMESSAGE - Indicates whether a new message has been received.
- NO_CACHE - Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
- PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART - A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
- POLL - The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
- POLLN - Information on what polls you have voted on.
- RECENTLYCOMPARED - The items that you have recently compared.
- STF - Information on products you have emailed to friends.
- STORE - The store view or language you have selected.
- VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS - The products that you have recently viewed.
- WISHLIST - An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
- WISHLIST_CNT - The number of items in your Wishlist.