Refurbished Ascaso Basic
Call Us for Expert Advice! 800-709-8210
The Ascaso Basic espresso and cappuccino machine fits in any décor and is the perfect size for the space challenged kitchen. It is compact, yet it performs like larger professional machines as demonstrated through excellent steaming ability and brewing results. Beyond its performance, the Basic just looks cool and with several color choices to choose from, it will be right at home in any kitchen decor. The Basic was designed as a medium price espresso machine that excels at making espresso drinks including lattes, mochas, cappuccino and all of your favorite coffee house drinks.
The BASIC features simple to use controls, a powerful pump and a ground coffee holder and an espresso pod holder, an efficient heating element for steaming milk and making hot water, special milk frothing tip, a removable water tank, a cup tray, cup warming surface and a removable drip tray. All this in beautiful, compact, steel housing.
Features of the Ascaso Basic Espresso Machine:
- Simple Brewing Features - The Basic begins great coffee with the simple push of a button that starts the flow of espresso and continues until you have the desired amount of coffee. Durable buttons comprise the control panel and all the controls are logically arranged and simple to use. Several lights tell you when the machine is powered up and when it is at the proper temperature for either brewing espresso or steaming milk.
- Quality Brewing Group - The grouphead (the component that accepts the coffee holder) is made of chrome plated brass. Designed after Ascaso's commercial espresso machines, the Basic group head evenly distributes heat and reduces “hotspots” for more temperature consistent espresso. It has also been designed to evenly distribute water across the coffee grounds for a better extraction.
- Heavy Duty Coffee Holders and Filter Baskets - Keeping with the tradition of using only commercial grade components, the Basic uses heavy-duty chrome plated brass coffee holders, which feature a rugged plastic handle. There is one coffee holder for ground coffee and espresso pods. Single shot and double shot 57 mm diameter stainless steel filter baskets are also included. The larger size baskets allow you to use more ground coffee per serving for stronger espresso or cups of coffee. The third basket can be placed into the filter holder for E.S.E. compatible espresso pods.
- 2 Liter Water Tank - The removable water reservoir, equipped with a water level indicator, can be filled while operating or taken out and filled at the faucet.
- 16 BAR Water Pump - The secret to a great espresso is a water pump that has the power to force water through the coffee grounds to extract the full flavor from the coffee. No worries here, you have more than enough pressure to extract the best of what your coffee has to offer.
- Drip and Cup Tray, Plus Cup Heater - The Basic has a polished stainless steel cup tray and a drip pan just underneath, both easy to remove and clean. A cup-warming surface on the top of the machine lets you keep your espresso cups warm so your freshly brewed espresso does not cool too quickly once it hits the cup.
- Brass boiler
- Construction with Longevity In Mind - The Basic is constructed of steel that has been finished throughout with enamel paint. All of the components that make up the construction are designed for long life and low maintenance.