Features of the Baratza Virtuoso Coffee Grinder:
- New improved 32mm professional-grade conical burrs yield the consistent grind that is critical for a perfect espresso or brewed coffee extraction.
- Easily adjustable burrs can be calibrated to ensure accurate grind range from espresso to French Press in 40 separate settings.
- Nickel plated satin finish metal top and base lend quality look and feel.
- High efficiency motor is powerful and spins slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation.
- Special gear reduction to 500 RPM, along with new anti--static technology insures extremely low static.
- Unique speed control, a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction reduces heat, noise and static. User adjustable down to 405 RPM.
- 60 second timer switch for repeatable grinding time.
- Front-mounted pulse button makes it easy to grind directly into an espresso brew basket.
- New concise design of grinding chamber reduces coffee dust, making the removable burrs easy to clean.
- Powerful high torque DC motor for cool and quiet operation.
- 8 oz. bean hopper
- 5 oz. anti-static grounds bin.
- Dimension: W x H x D 5" x 14" x 6"
- Weight: 8 pounds
- Packaged using 100% recyclable materials.
Below are detailed descriptions of the features that make the Virtuoso stand out from other grinders in its class.
Precise, commercial-quality burrs:
Manufactured in Europe, the Virtuoso's burrs are of the same material and durability as the industry's highest-quality line of commercial conical burr coffee grinders. The burrs rotate slowly minimizing the heat in the beans, to preserve the flavor.
Innovative burr calibration system:
The range of grind and the accuracy of the settings is truly impressive. The Baratza Virtuoso has 40 distinct settings of grind from Espresso to French Press. An innovative calibration system virtually eliminates grind variation and ensures identical performance from each grinder. Furthermore the Virtuoso ring burr is supported on three points, providing a stable platform for a more accurate grind. Whether in commercial, semi-professional or personal applications, exact grind is imperative to a high-quality extraction and, therefore, a better cup of coffee!
The Virtuoso boasts an enhanced anti-static design, which minimizes messy coffee dust. While no coffee grinder is completely dust-free, the Virtuoso sets a new standard for minimal dust in this class of coffee grinder.
The powerful, high torque DC motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permitting long grinding duty-cycles without the motor overheating. For ultimate protection, the circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
The coffee powder is tightly controlled in the grinding chamber for trouble-free operation of the grinder.
Attractive top casting:
Primarily an aesthetic attribute, the additional weight of the top casting increases the stability of the grinder. It also provides further sound and vibration isolation making for a quieter, smoother-running coffee grinder.
Altogether, the Virtuoso by Baratza is clearly in a class of its own, making your coffee experience ultimately more satisfying. We hope you enjoy!