Features of the Baratza Encore Coffee Grinder:
- New improved 32 mm professional-grade conical burrs yield the consistent grind that is critical for a perfect espresso or brewed coffee extraction.
- Grind range from 250 to 1200 microns.
- High torque DC motor is powerful and spins slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation.
- Special gear reduction to 450 RPM, along with new anti--static technology insures extremely low static.
- Unique speed control, a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction reduces heat, noise and static. User adjustable down to 405 RPM.
- Easy to use On / Off switch
- New concise design of grinding chamber reduces coffee dust, making the removable burrs easy to clean.
- 8 oz. bean hopper
- 5 oz. anti-static grounds bin.
- Dimension: 4.75" Wide x 13.75" High x 6.25" Deep
- Weight: 7 pounds
Below are detailed descriptions of the features that make the Encore stand out from other grinders in its class.
Precise, commercial-quality burrs:
Manufactured in Europe, the Encore's burrs are of the same material and durability as the industry's highest-quality line of commercial conical burr coffee grinders. The burrs rotate slowly minimizing the heat in the beans, to preserve the flavor.
Innovative burr calibration system:
The range of grind and the accuracy of the settings is truly impressive. The Baratza Encore has 40 distinct settings of grind from Espresso to French Press. An innovative calibration system virtually eliminates grind variation and ensures identical performance from each grinder. Furthermore the Encore ring burr is supported on three points, providing a stable platform for a more accurate grind. Whether in commercial, semi-professional or personal applications, exact grind is imperative to a high-quality extraction and, therefore, a better cup of coffee!
The Encore boasts an enhanced anti-static design, which minimizes messy coffee dust. While no coffee grinder is completely dust-free, the Encore sets a new standard for minimal dust in this class of coffee grinder.
The powerful, high torque 160 watt DC motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permitting long grinding duty-cycles without the motor overheating. For ultimate protection, the circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
The coffee powder is tightly controlled in the grinding chamber for trouble-free operation of the grinder.